These days are all too familiar to you if you’re a woman. They’re bad hair days. Bad hair days are days when your hair either becomes a frizzy mess or a limp mop of unruly hair. But there is a way to fix bad hair days. Do you know what the answer is? You can use a hairdryer. And don’t fret about the price. The Best hair dryers under $30/40/50 will do the job in terms of fixing your bad hair that just doesn’t want to behave!
What is so special about hairdryers?
There is styling gel, hair spray, serums, curling irons, curl rolls, and flat irons to name a few amazing hair tools. So why add hairdryers to the list? Well, the reason why is because good-quality hair dryers can safely remove moisture from your hair while making sure that it (your hair) doesn’t become too dry. The moisture is what causes frizzy and/or limp hair. Hair that is too dry can end up breaking or splitting at the ends.
- Revlon One-Step Hair Dryer and Volumizer Hot Air Brush reviews
- Our Buyer’s Guide Will Help You Find the Best Hair Dryers for Curly Hair
- The 8 Best Hair Dryers for Frizzy Hair to give them a Superb Texture
- 8 Best Hair Dryers under $50/$100– Reviews and Advice
- Top 10 Best Hair Dryers Under $90 For Frizzy,Damaged,Curly,Straight
Guide to buying the best hair dryer
If you were wondering what are the best hair dryers to buy, look for a hair dryer that has a high wattage. Hair dryers with high wattages have the strength to dry your hair quickly. These types of dryers can force out hot air in large blasts.
This will allow them to dry your hair efficiently without damaging it like the lower wattage hair dryers tend to do. For best results, don’t buy a hair dryer that doesn’t have at least 1800 watts in terms of drying power. The ideal range for a hair dryer is between 1,800 and 2,000 watts. You’ll find that your hair will dry in a few minutes (even if you have ultra thick hair.) It will also last an eternity.
Sometimes you want to go ionic and sometimes you want to go tourmaline
The terms ionic and tourmaline refer to the technologies that the newer hair dryers use. An ionic hair dryer aims negatively charged ions at your hair during usage. While this sounds scary, all it means is that the hair dryer will break water and moisture droplets on and in your hair strands, it then disperses them evenly throughout your hair and scalp.
The technology keeps the moisture from seeping deep into the hair strands – too much moisture will cause frizz. The technology seals the right amount of moisture into each strand of hair. You’ll end up with soft, shiny, and silky smooth hair that will be dry in 2-3 minutes and will look and feel healthy!
Tourmaline can also work
Hair dryers that use tourmaline drying technology operate off of a slightly different concept. Part of the reason for this is because they’re designed somewhat differently. They have interiors that are coated with the tourmaline mineral. This is what gives them a sleek and attractive look. It also allows them to do what ionic hair dryers do but in a matter of seconds.
NOTE: Either hair dryer is good to use if you have extremely frizzy or thick hair that otherwise would take an eternity to dry.
When you don’t want to use an ionic or a tourmaline hair dryer
Well, you would want to use a hair dryer that uses more conventional technology if you have flat and thin (limp) hair. The ionic or tourmaline hair dryer would also be a terrible candidate for you if your hair happens to be oily. Then you may find that you would actually have more frizzy hair after using the dryer. Of course, you may find yourself shelling out at least $300 for a hair dryer with the latest in drying technology
What do you do if you have fine or very dry hair
Well, ionic and tourmaline hair dryers wouldn’t work for either hair type. You’d want to pick a hair dryer that was made out of a different technology. The ideal hair dryer for you would be a ceramic or porcelain one.
These hair dryers are made out of ceramic (or porcelain) covered plastic. This is crucial since it’s the ceramic or porcelain which absorbs some of the heat that the hair dryer emits. This allows less intense heat energy to be directed towards your hair and scalp. But these dryers go one step further. They distribute heat evenly and in gentle waves. Now you don’t have to worry about your hair overheating and hence over drying.
Of course, you could always use a hair dryer that uses infrared technology. These hair dryers work their magic by emitting very energy in short and weak wavelengths. Your hair will be smooth and shiny but will still dry fairly quickly.
When would you want to go titanium?
You want to use a hair dryer that uses titanium technology if you have hair that has lots of volume. Titanium technology hair dryers disperse heat uniformly through hair strands and the scalp. Note that this hair dryer will get very hot very quickly. You want to use this dryer if you have lots of hair that needs to be dried quickly.
Weight does matter
For best results, pick a hair dryer that’s light as a feather (ok, so not literally.) You’ll find that you’ll be able to dry your hair faster and more efficiently with a lighter weight hair dryer..
Other features that make a difference
These may be the ‘bells and whistles’ on different brands of hair dryers, but they are crucial since they will help dry your hair faster without frying it first. Here are some features that separate the best hair dryers to buy from the run-of-the-mill ones.
- Cold button – if you press on this button, it will blast cooler air at your scalp and hair strands. You want to have it because it does a great job in terms of sealing moisture into your hair cuticles. Making your hair glossier, and setting your hair style or hair do for the rest of the day..
- Adjustable heat – this allows you to deliver shorter waves of less intense heat to your hair. It will do wonders in terms of drying your hair out if you have fine hair that dries naturally in a matter of minutes/
- Accessories – these include diffusers and combs. You need a diffuser because it distributes heat throughout your scalp and hair strands. It will help you keep your locks and curls into shiny and soft looking pieces of hair with bounce. A concentrator nozzle works wonders if you want straight and shiny hair that’s not frizzy.
You get what you pay for
If you remember the old saying, “You get what you pay for” remember that it especially applies to hair dryers. Pricier hair dryers tend to be of better quality. Therefore, they will last longer and dry your hair out faster without damaging it. More expensive hair dryers also will keep you hair looking shinier, smoother, and more orderly regardless of your natural hair type.
Best hairdryers to buy
That said, all hairdryers are not equal. Some are just glorified hot air blowers while others do the job of drying your hair well. And since it’s not always easy to determine if a hairdryer is good by reading the product description, this article is devoted to discussing the best hair dryers to buy. The good news is that these dryers are very affordable.
If you were wondering where you can find the best hairdryers to buy turn to Amazon.com. You’ll find that some of the best hair dryers on Amazon.com are under $50/40/30.
Top 6 Best Hair Dryers Under $30
4.6 out of 5
14,328 global ratings
- It’s full size. It also uses the latest in conditioning ion technology.
This helps make hair as straight and/or orderly as possible. It strongly discourages frizzy hair.
- It works better than the average dryer. This is because of its cool shot button.
A rarity on hair dryers it will keep the shape and structure of any style you put your hair in. thus, you’ll have great-looking hair all day long.
You’ll find that it’s easy to switch between the functions with its rocker switches.
- The dryer features many heating functions. The most noted one being the 3heat/2speed.
The fact that you can easily customize dryer settings makes it great to use on any hair type
Apart from its sleek and new-age look, what sets Conair 1875 in ‘a league of its own’ is its amazingly affordable price. Indeed, you can easily buy this hair dryer for $25.64*. Conair is one of the growing number of best hair dryers under $30 that claims to work wonders for your hair. Thus, you’ll (probably) never have one of those dreaded ‘bad hair’ days ever again!
One thing you’ll notice about this hairdryer is its ability to dry your hair thoroughly while giving it a youthful glow, shine, and gloss. Your hair will look and feel sexy. But what makes Conair 1875 one of the best hair dryers under $30 on Amazon.com? Well, part of it is attributed to its sleek look and great engineering. It features a diamond finish. This not only makes it shine and look professional, but it also makes it easy to grip.
One of the best things about this hair dryer is that it can be used to dry all types of hair! You’ll just have to adjust the speed and intensity of the heat.
- Dries dense, thick hair thoroughly in seconds
- Blows out hot air at great intensity
- Breaks easily and is useless afterward
- Weak airflow
- Takes a long time to completely dry some hair types
4.6 out of 5
14,357 global ratings
- Best for frizzy hair
- Cool shot button gives you lots of control
- Comes with 2 speeds and two heat settings.
- Comes with hair sectioning clips, concentrator, and diffuser
This is one of the best hair dryers under $30 that you can buy off of Amazon.com. It’s perfect for creating that voluminous, defined, and orderly hair that you associate with the best hair salons. But the Revlon 1875W also uses the latest in infrared technology to blow intensively hot air on your hair without drying it out or damaging it. You’ll be able to change your hairstyles and hairdos whenever you want to!
It uses infrared heat technology to disperse the moisture in each hair strand all over your head. You’ll have hair that looks and feels healthy and shines! This hair dryer uses three layers of ceramic coating on its exterior. This keeps hair damage to a minimum when drying your hair.
Your hair is guaranteed to be soft and has a healthy glow!
- Makes hair silky and shiny. Hair will have a natural glow
- Very powerful
- Quiet and dries hair completely quickly
- Can have problems with power after three months of use
- Bad customer service
- The dryer doesn’t always blow very hot air
4.6 out of 5
22,384 global ratings
- Cool shot button allows you to set the hair drying setting easily
- Comes with two settings and drying speeds.
- Comes with a hanging ring. This makes it easy to store in any bathroom
- Its protective anti-slip bumpers make gripping and holding it easy
- Its lightweight. Therefore, it can be taken anywhere.
Gives you salon dried hair in a few minutes without the exorbitant cost of salons. Amazon.com sells this hairdryer for $10.97. You can easily blow waves and curves into your hair. What’s even better is that this hairdryer will ‘dry’ any hairstyle or hairdo into place for several hours.
Its small size makes it perfect for taking in a suitcase on short or long trips. The end cap is removable. This allows you to subject your hair to more intense heat when using the hairdryer. It’s easy to clean and maintain.
- Very effective in drying hair thoroughly quickly
- Doesn’t emit any smells when being used
- Very powerful
- Sometimes (rarely) is defective
- Can (rarely) catch fire
- Can sometimes emit a burning smell when used.
- Gives your hair three times more protection than the conventional hairdryer
- Uses proprietary Micro Conditioning Technology to protect your hair from heat damage while drying
- It uses 1875 watts. This makes for fast drying of hair
- It can be used in Europe
Your hair will definitely look and feel shinier and healthier with this hairdryer. It uses advanced coating technology. You can’t go wrong with this which could easily be one of the best hair dryers under $30. Amazon.com sells it for $17.84*.
This will protect your hair as you are style drying it. You can also look forward to much less frizz when drying your hair. You can easily use the diffuser to give your hair more density and volume when drying hair
- Dries all types of hair, especially kinky and/or curly hair quickly and healthily
- Dries silently
- Doesn’t damage hair at all
- Can melt (rarely) when being used
- Can (rarely) spark after a few months of use
- Cord and plug don’t always (rarely) work
4.5 out of 5
5,728 global ratings
- 1875 watts makes it a very powerful hair dryer
- You’ll have complete control and many options when styling because of its 3 heat and two speed settings.
- You can set your hair style with the cool shot button. Other interesting and useful features are anti-slip bumpers that will protect your hair and an end cap that can be removed.
- The diffuser will create and redefine your natural curves and waves
- The concentrator lets you direct air to let you dry your hair at the intensity that you want to.
This is one of the best hair dryers under $30 on Amazon.com. It sells (on Amazon.com) for $14.34*. You’ll love this hair dryer for its shiny and sexy hair that will be orderly and as soft as rabbit fur. It will also add volume to your hair as it blows it dry. One noted feature about this product is its finger diffuser. This sends out less intense waves of slightly less intense hot air. The result is springy curls and waves.
This dryer uses ionic technology to work its magic. You’ll have hair that’s completely frizz free and looks and feels healthy.
- Thoroughly dries curly hair in a few minutes
- The cool shot button is a vital asset
- Works like a charm
- Doesn’t always work as advertised (though this is rare)
- Nozzle is not flexible
- Back can sometimes come off after just three months of use
- You’ll love its three attachments. These will allow you to dry your hair quickly and thoroughly and set any style or do you want to regardless of your hair type.
- 2 heat and speed settings and a cool shot button which will keep your hair in place throughout the day.
- Uses ion technology for more orderly hair
- The detangling comb works great for thick hair, the styling comb will keep straight hair in place all day, and the thermal bristle brush will put waves, curls, and volume in your hair.
It has many settings that make drying your hair thoroughly a quick breeze. You can also set complex hair styles and hairdos in a few minutes. Amazon.com sells it for $25.60.
It comes with 1875 Watts of power. This allows it to dry your hair without drying the insides of the strands out. It works on both 120 and 240 Watts of voltage. Therefore, it can be used anywhere in the world. This makes it a great travel companion.
- Dries coarse hair thoroughly in just a few minutes
- is great for drying kinky hair quickly without stripping moisture from it
- Won’t cause even one strand of frizzy hair
- The dryer can sometimes be broken when opened
- Combs can’t be secured on the dryer
- Brush won’t stay put on the dryer
Top 4 Best Hair Dryers Under $40
- Folding handle allows it to be easily placed in any travel case
- Works well in Europe and America without a converter
- Will easily dry any hair type without either damaging it or making it frizzy.
- Comes with six speed and heat settings.
- It has a concentrator nozzle which makes drying hair a quick and easy breeze
- Its soft rubber finish make for easy handling.
This is among the best hair dryers under $40. Amazon.com sells this for $32.99. It uses the latest in technology to ensure that your hair remains smooth, soft, shiny, and frizz-free.
The interior is packed with tourmaline crystals which do all of this. Your hair will also look and feel healthy. It’s light weight and this makes it perfect for travel. The BaByliss will also ‘dry’ any hair style or hairdo into place.
- Has great airflow
- Dries hair well and quickly
- Makes a wonderful travel companion
- Quits after a few uses
- Can smoke (rarely) after just a few uses
- The manufacturers don’t always honor the warranty if the hair dryer stops working
4.5 out of 5
4,586 global ratings
- Tourmaline technology makes hair frizz-free
- Comes with 2 heat and speed settings. This gives you maximum control when drying your hair
- The cool shot button allows you to make your hair look sleek and professional
- Comes with a concentrator and diffuser attachments.
This is one of the best hair dryers under $40 if you want sleek and shiny hair. Revlon commits itself to giving girls and women nothing but good hair days. You can buy this beauty from Amazon.com for $37.71.
What you’ll love most about this hair dryer is its infrared drying technology. This disperses the natural moisture in your hair across your scalp and hair strands. The result is soft hair that looks and feels healthy and has a sexy shine. This brand has 3 layers of ceramic. This protects your hair from the intense heat waves of the dryer.
- Good deal for money
- Dries hair completely in a few minutes
- Holds styles easily
- Can stop working after 2 months of use
- Can short out after only a few uses
- Can break within a week of purchase
This is by far the best hair dryer you can buy. It’s very affordable and professional. It will also dry your hair quickly with very few issues.
4.7 out of 5
1,967 global ratings
- This hair dryer comes with ceramic drying and frizz-fighting technologies. The InfinityPro uses ions to help tame unruly curls and make hair look orderly and smooth. The result is healthier and shinier hair.
The InfinityPro uses ergonomic heating technology to ensure that heat is evenly distributed throughout the hair and scalp. Hair sustains less damage and retains more vitality
- It features a cool shot button. This sets hairstyles and hairdos for the rest of the day. The rocket switches make this hair dryer easy to handle.
The hairdryer also comes with 3 heat and 2-speed settings. All of these can easily be customized. It comes with a detachable filter that keeps the hairdryer clean at all times.
- The concentrator nozzle allows for the directed intentional flow of hot air to a certain section of the head.
This makes hair straight, smooth, and shiny. The diffuser allows you to create textured and layered hairstyles.
This could easily be one of the best hair dryers under $40 that Amazon.com sells. You can currently buy it for $24,94*. It emits a powerful stream of extremely hot air that will dry your hair in a matter of minutes and give it lots of volume. It distributes heat evenly from the beginning of the hair shafts to the ends.
You’ll get a salon-quality dryer at a fraction of the cost! The dryer comes with a professional AC motor that thoroughly dries hair in half of the time! The motor lasts three times longer than the conventional hair dryer motor.
You’ll end up with smooth and frizz-free shiny hair. The hairdryer uses the latest in ionic technology to reduce the frizz factor by up to 75%. You’ll be having rabbit fur soft hair that shines with a healthy glow in no time!
- Does a great job of drying hair evenly and quickly
- Can dry wavy hair well
- Is very good at blowing out hot or cold air
- The engine can (rarely) catch fire
- Not always well built
- Can (rarely) break after just a few uses
- Boosts shine and eliminates frizz with tourmaline ceramic technology
- Cool button which will cool your hair and scalp by distributing cooler air throughout both. Your hair will still dry quickly.
- Three heat and 2-speed settings for quick and efficient drying
- The cord is 6 feet long and won’t tangle
- Can be used either with or without a diffuser
This is easily one of the best hair dryers on Amazon. It currently sells for $34.97. This is the hair dryer for you if you have fine or fragile hair that’s curly, kinky, or wavy.
The Bed Head Curls hair dryer disperses heat evenly and throughout your hair and scalp. This dries it without drawing out the moisture it needs to stay smooth, healthy, orderly, and shiny. This moisture will also make it look and feel healthy!
- Works great on curly hair
- Dries long hair quickly and thoroughly
- Won’t pull or suck hair in
- Not work well for longer hair that’s curly
- Can quit working after a few weeks
- Low setting is very poor
Top 3 Best Hair Dryers Under $50
4.4 out of 5
923 global ratings
- Comes with the latest in Ion technology. This eliminated frizz and restores your hair’s natural shine, bounce, and vibrance.
- It’s easy to adjust the Soft Bonnet cap. This cap shields your head and hair from the high heat of the dryer. It protects both.
- It features built-in compartments that will easily store the cap and hose when not in use. It fits neatly into any travel bag or suitcase.
It can easily and quickly dry curls and waves, what makes it one of the best hair dryers under $50 is its ability to always give you soft, shiny, and orderly hair. You won’t find even a single strand of frizzy hair after using this dryer. Your hair will also look, feel, and be healthy and with a youthful glow and bounce.
The Gold n Hot dryer comes with four temperature settings and a powerful 800-watt motor. This will allow you tol style your hair any way you want to. Your hairstyles and hairdos will last the entire day even if you slather lots of styling products and/or deep conditioners into it.
It comes with a soft bonnet cap that will easily fit over any size hair rollers to thoroughly dry hair in a few minutes. Its drawstrings allow you to easily and quickly secure the cap in place.
The dryer and cap are attached to each other with a long and flexible hose. This six-foot-long hose will allow you to easily move around when using the dryer. Therefore, you can hold conference calls while drying your hair.
- Easy to transport and move
- Dries hair as well as professional salon dryers
- Makes hair washing a breeze
- Hose is not always long
- Does not always dry hair thoroughly when moved
- Weak hood
4.4 out of 5
1,718 global ratings
- It has a high rotating speed and professional torque that will generate very hot and forceful air flows. This will dry your hair thoroughly and quickly without damaging it or drying it out.
- It has 2 speed and 3 heat settings – this makes it great to use on any hair type
- The double safety removable filter ensures that your hair stays put when being dried.
This cuts down on the risk and incidence of damage when using the hair dryer.
- Comes with 1 diffuser and 2 nozzles that allow it to style and dry hair in any way either imaginable or possible.
- Sleek design makes for easy storage when not in use
If you wanted to know what is the best hair dryer with diffuser, it’s the Ionic Hair Dryer. You can buy this beauty off of Amazon.com for $42.99*. What makes this hair dryer unique (and better) is its ability to dry any hair type quickly and easily. It does this without creating static electricity – this will create frizzy hair by ‘sucking’ the moisure out of hair strands.
It uses negative Ionic technology. This keeps your hair dry and orderly – there is no more frizz. You’ll admire your hair’s new soft and silky smooth texture that will be accompanied with an the amazing glow and shine that’s associated with youth.
The Ionic hair dryer has a U-shaped heating wire. This ingenious feature controls temperature while distributing heat evenly within your hair strands and cuticles and throughout your scalp!
- Strong and dries hair thoroughly and quickly
- Makes no noise when drying
- Diffuser works as intended – it doesn’t damage curls, waves, or locks
- Can (rarely) smoke after repeated use
- Can (rarely) emit a horrible, burning smell even during the first use
- Can (rarely) get very hot without drying hair
4.6 out of 5
172,977 global ratings
- 3 heat and 3 speed settings. It operates off of 1100 Watts. This makes it a powerful hair dryer and styling brush all rolled into one!
- It comes with the cool option. This allows you to change hair styles and hairdos and be flexible with them whenever you want to.
- Its airflow vents distribute more heated air more evenly. This allows your hair to dry faster without drying it out or damaging it.
- Ceramic technology keeps hair from overheating – this can potentially damage it
What makes it one of the best hair dryers to buy is its unique feature. It’s a styling brush that also doubles as a hair dryer. You can buy this beauty off of Amazon.com for $41.88. It will make your hair shiny and amazingly voluminous while drying it within a few minutes.
The brush is in the shape of an oval and this allows it to smooth and design quickly drying hair by redirecting the moisture in your hair and distributing evenly throughout every strand of hair on your scalp. You can get salon style hairdos and styles without paying the high price. It works well on any hair type and length.
The brush has nylon bristles that are tufted. This allows it to remove any knots from your hair and easily detangle it within seconds. It uses Ion heating technology that’s approved by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration.
- Dries hair thoroughly in less than 10 minutes
- Keeps curls, waves, and kinks while drying hair
- Drying hair is a cinch
- Brush has metal that can burn hair and cause it to fall off – but this is rare
- Can break after the first use
- Can stop working after as few as five uses
Frequently Asked Questions
Many people ask questions about the best hair dryers on Amazon.com. Some of the more frequently asked ones and their answers are listed below:
How do I know if my hairdryer will work in other countries?
Another way to determine if your hairdryer is of dual voltage is to see if it has a dual voltage switch. If it does, you know it’s dual voltage. If it doesn’t, it probably doesn’t support different voltages of electricity.