Sometimes your favorite nail paint doesn’t work as well as it once did and it begins to clump or thicken, so it’s time to invest in a good quality nail polish thinner. Even if you shake your nail paint every time you use it, it might get lumpy and thick over time.
But you need not bother as here we are going to review the best nail polish thinners so that your nails can look beautiful to the max without you having to try too hard.
But before we dive right into enhancing your nails’ beauty, we will go over some informative stuff so that you can be both beauty and the brains.
Here it is…
What is a Nail Polish Thinner?
They are chemicals that are added to nail polish to make it a little less viscous and blotchy and more smooth and easy to apply. They can also be used to extend the quantity of polish that can be gotten from a bottle.
What is it made of?
Nail polish thinners are usually made of the same chemicals that are found in nail polish, this is so that they can act as replacement solvents when the chemicals in the polish evaporate. The most common being butyl acetate, ethyl acetate, and isopropyl alcohol.
The common ingredients found in traditional nail polish thinner often include any of the following: acetone, butyl acetate, toluene, methyl ethyl ketone, hexane, isopropyl alcohol, or heptane.
How does Nail Thinner Work?
When nail polishes are unsealed, they tend to become denser and clumpier over time. This is because they are formed of synthetic polymers, which rapidly evaporate when exposed to the air, causing the polish to lose part of its liquids and thicken.
Because nail thinners are created from the same solvents as nail lacquer, they can do so.
Benefits of using a thinner:
- A Small amount is required: A Small amount is required: Because these thinners work so effectively, you’ll only need a few drops at first, so start with a small amount and see how it goes.
If you mistakenly add too much thinner to your polish and it becomes too watery, simply leave the bottle open to let the solvents evaporate, thickening the varnish.
- Blends easily: Thinners begin to work practically as soon as they are added to your polish. They also don’t require thorough shaking to mix your polish, which prevents air bubbles from developing and saves you time and effort.
- Easy to add and use: These nail thinner bottles include a configured drip on the bottle that allows you to add a little quantity of thinner to your polish fast and effortlessly.
These few polish thinners are our best selections, with OPI Nail Lacquer Thinner taking the top spot due to its consistent excellence. If you want to check out some of the best polish thinners on the market today, check out the list below.
- What is a Nail Polish Thinner?
- What is it made of?
- How does Nail Thinner Work?
- Benefits of using a thinner:
- Here are 8 Best Nail Polish Thinner Reviews of 2021
- #1.OPI Nail Lacquer Thinner
- #2.Orly nail polish thinner
- #3.Beauty Secrets nail polish thinner
- #4.Nail Tek Extend professional polish thinner
- #5.Super nail polish thinner
- #6.Mavala nail beauty thinner for nail polish
- #7.LeChat Gelos gel thinner
- #8.Seche restore restoration thinner
- How to use a Nail Polish Thinner?
- Where Can I Buy NAIL POLISH THINNER?
Here are 8 Best Nail Polish Thinner Reviews of 2021
#1.OPI Nail Lacquer Thinner
When your nail polish has solidified to the point where they are no longer useful, simply add a few drops of this thinner to the nail lacquer and wait for the miracles to happen.
This outstanding OPI nail lacquer thinner restores the proper consistency of nail lacquer for best results and extends the life of your lacquer.
It’s made of butyl and ethyl acetate, thus it’s completely safe to use. Because a little makes a big difference with this mixture, a few drops of this liquid should suffice to create the necessary thickness.
- It is sufficient to use a modest quantity.
- It has a dropper cap and is free of formaldehyde.
- Nail lacquer’s life is extended.
- It’s possible that it’ll be thick
#2.Orly nail polish thinner
What could be more convenient than a basic X? A multipurpose thinner that may be used to clean brushes as well as thin nail polish. This excellent composition, one of the best lacquer thinners, can rejuvenate and extend the life of a thicker nail lacquer.
You can rest confident that it will not degrade the quality of your nail polish or cause it to clump. It preserves its purity for a smooth application in addition to diluting the polish.
- Best UV Nail Lamp To Buy In 2021 Reviews and Buying Guide
- Looking for the Best UV/Led Nail Lamp? We’ll Spoil you with 9 Options here!
- Everything You Need To Know About Electric Nail Files & Drills
- 8 Best Gel Nail Polish Brands On Amazon to give your nails a Sassy Look
- The 9 Best UV/LED Nail Lamps: Reviews & Guide 2021
- How To Remove False Nails Attached With Nail Glue
- How to Dry Nail Polish Fast With Hairspray? Easiest Ways you will ever find!
- Thinner with several uses
- Dropper built-in
- Lacquer that has been thinned and thickened
- Increases the polish’s shelf life
- It’s possible that the polish to which the thinner has been applied will take a long time to dry.
#3.Beauty Secrets nail polish thinner
Beauty Secrets is the runner-up since its quality is extremely similar to OPI’s. This nail polish thinner is really simple to use and is inexpensive, costing only $13 for a four-ounce container.
Even better, it just takes a few drops of your favorite nail color for it to function. It will make the polish’s consistency smoother and more even than previously.
Professional nail technicians even use the product since it is that wonderful. This vegan thinner is made up of butyl acetate, ethyl acetate, and heptane, which are all common chemicals in nail paint.
- Bottle that is unbreakable
- Quickly blends
- Solvents contained in nail polishes were used to create this product.
- All air-drying nail paint brands are compatible.
- A little pricey.
#4.Nail Tek Extend professional polish thinner
Nail Tek Extend professional polish Thinner extends the life of your polish. A few drops can freshen and replenish any polish solvents that have evaporated. Never throw away another smidgeon of your favorite nail paint.
Extend will restore the viscosity of your polish and extend its life with just a few drops. It is suitable for all Nail Types.
Butyl acetate, heptane, and ethyl acetate are among the ingredients. Because this polish thinner is designed for professionals, it costs roughly $10 for a half-ounce bottle. When you sample it for the first time, you’ll see why it’s so expensive.
It not only thins out your nail paint well, but it also helps to enhance the condition of your nails over time. It moisturizes and strengthens dry, thin, or brittle nails, allowing them to mend and become stronger over time.
- Restores nail polish.
- Extends the life of the polish
- Suitable for all kinds of nails
- A dropper with a screw-on lid is included.
- It may not persist long because it has a tendency to vanish.
#5.Super nail polish thinner
For almost 40 years, SuperNail has been a well-known industry leader. SuperNail has everything a professional nail technician and everyday nail care lover might possibly need to care for both natural and improved nails.
And this thinner, which costs just under $7.50 for a four-ounce container, is ideal for rejuvenating old or clumpy nail paint so it can function better on your nails.
It keeps your nail polish smooth and free of lumps and blockages, allowing you to get a clean, uniform appearance every time you apply it.
- Simple to use
- Makes the polish slick and lasts a long time
- Assists in maintaining the polish’s uniformity.
- A strong chemical odor is possible.
#6.Mavala nail beauty thinner for nail polish
With this thinner, you may revive your nail polish and make it appear brand new again. It just takes a few drops of this thinner to restore your thickened or gunky nail polish to its natural consistency while preserving its luster.
Liquefying the nail polish ensures a smooth application of thin layers of nail paint, which endure longer than thick coatings, which flake or peel after a few days.
- Dropper built-in
- Thickened nail polish is diluted.
- It has no effect on the polish’s color or sheen.
- Nail polish’s shelf life is extended.
- Gel polishes may not be compatible.
#7.LeChat Gelos gel thinner
Gel polishes, like ordinary nail polish, may get overly thick, and you can’t thin them down with a conventional polish thinner. Instead, you’ll need to apply a gel polish thinner, which is where this product comes in helpful. It comes with a dropper for simple application, and it functions with all types of soak-off and curative gel polishes available.
It also provides you exact instructions so that when you’re through, your gel polish looks beautiful. This non-solvent customized thinner comprises monomers and a photoinitiator to assist thin thickened polish while maintaining its original tool life. It comes with a dropper that makes application simple and precise.
This thinner is compatible with soak-off and classic curable gel polishes, ensuring that your polishes are easy to apply and last a long time.
- Thinner with no solvent
- Gel polishes are used to their full potential.
- Features an easy-to-use dropper that works with UV and LED light
- It has no effect on the cure time.
- To liquefy gel polishes, you may need to apply additional drops.
#8.Seche restore restoration thinner
Try using Seche Restore Restoration Thinner. This high-quality nail polish thinner may dilute any polish and restore it to its original consistency without affecting the manicure’s color or sheen.
Add 2-3 drops of thinner (more if needed) right into the nail polish with the supplied glass dropper, mix it, roll the bottle between your hands, and you’re done.
This transparent, thin liquid may be used to thin down top coats as well as ordinary nail paints. This fantastic polish thinner comes with its own dropper, making it simple to add a few drops to your nail paint.
For little under $20, you can acquire a two-ounce container that ensures that your nail paints are neither too thick nor too thin.
Whatever is causing your nail paints to fail, such as a change in temperature or humidity, you may simply solve the problem using this polish thinner.
- With the help of a glass dropper, you may effortlessly repair dried enamel.
- It comes in a clear bottle.
- It sticks to your natural nails.
- Regular nail paint and top coat are compatible.
- If the liquid is not kept in a sealed container, it may evaporate.
How to use a Nail Polish Thinner?
Step 1: Take 2 to 3 drops of it using a dropper.
Step 2: Remove the cap from the nail polish bottle and drop the droplets into it.
Step 3: Replace the cap, stir it thoroughly, and set it aside for a while.
Step 4: Finally, roll the bottle between your palms to ensure a good mix.
Step 5: Remove the cap and inspect the polish’s consistency.
Step 6: If it’s still too thick, add a few more drops (slowly) and roll it between your palms again.
Step 7: It’s ready to use once you’ve achieved a smooth, flowing finish.
Step 8: If required, repeat the procedure.
This concludes our list of the top 8 nail polish thinners and a quick guide.
Where Can I Buy NAIL POLISH THINNER?
You can buy nail polish thinner from flipkart, amazon, nykaa or from a nearby cosmetic store. You may use these thinners to make hard-to-apply nail polishes brushable, allowing you to apply thin coats that offer complete coverage.
However, if your nail polish does not improve after adding too many drops of thinner, it is preferable to discard it and get a new one.
So that’s ladies!
Our top picks in the best nail polish thinners.
Although each one has its different pros and cons, we’ll say that the OPI Nail Lacquer Thinner can prove to be the best one for your lovely nails.
Which one will you get and how will you enhance your nail’s beauty?
Drop your comments in the section below!
Also don’t forget to check out How to Dry Nail Polish with a Hair Spray!