Are you having trouble finding the best refrigerator for your home or office space?
Don’t worry as here we are reviewing the best refrigerators under $500 so that you can keep your food and drinks super fresh and delicious without any confusion.
But before committing to a single brand or model, let’s give you an overall picture of the stuff you need to keep in mind before investing your money.
How to Find the Best Refrigerator
While there’s a huge variety of brands, features, and models in the market, the most popular refrigerators are side by side, top freezer, and bottom-freezer models. The first variant demands less space for door opening but needs you to bend down to pick food from the base of the fridge and freezer.
In bottom freezers the most used compartments are at eye level while the top freezer fridges need you to bend to get into it, however, they cost less than the other models.
A fridge normally has to be fit between counter spaces, so it’s important to match its width to the layout of your kitchen. Cabinet depth models and built-inns fit perfectly between counters and cabinets but may cost more than other models.
Stainless steel models are the most popular among all as they have a sleek and neutral look. Some even prefer a black or white fridge but built-inns have exterior paneling that matches the cabinets of your kitchen perfectly.
Moreover, a lot of modern finishes are fingerprint-resistant. You can also check out attractive and trendy customizable patterns that can enhance the look and feel of your home amazingly.
Also, keep in mind the internal drawers and shelving to check whether or not they match with the eating habits of your family. If you are a wine lover and like to keep a few bottles in the fridge then an appropriate height and adjustable shelving are a must.
If you can’t resist pizza then make sure that you can adjust its box inside.
Some models are also equipped with a humidity control system on crisper drawers, meat or deli drawers, and other features for keeping food at the optimum temperature.
Enough knowledge, for now, let’s pick the best one from refrigerators under 500 dollars…
Frigidaire EFR492 RefrigeratorQuiet enough to be used in a bedroom or an office
Magic Chef MCBR440S2 RefrigeratorInterior light
Midea WHD-113FSS1 Compact RefrigeratorInterior Light; Partial automatic defrost
RCA 3.2 Cubic Foot 2 Door Fridge & Freezer3.2 Cubic Foot Fridge and Freezer (Stainless Steel)
GE Hotpoint Energy Star Qualified Compact RefrigeratorENERGY STAR qualified
Black + Decker BCRK25B Compact RefrigeratorLARGE CAPACITY
Frigidaire Retro Bar Fridge RefrigeratorAdjustable Thermostat. CFC free
Danby DAR044A4BSLDD-6 RefrigeratorClean Bright and Modern
Walsh WSR31TS1 Compact RefrigeratorADJUSTABLE MECHANICAL THERMOSTAT CONTROL
Danby DFF092C1BSLDB RefrigeratorEnergy Star compliant
- How to Find the Best Refrigerator
- Here are 10 Best Refrigerators under $500 Reviews of 2021
- #1.Frigidaire EFR492 Refrigerator
- #2.Magic Chef MCBR440S2 Refrigerator
- #3.Midea WHD-113FSS1 Compact Refrigerator
- #4.RCA 3.2 Cubic Foot 2 Door Fridge & Freezer
- #5.GE Hotpoint Energy Star Qualified Compact Refrigerator
- #6.Black + Decker BCRK25B Compact Refrigerator
- #7.Frigidaire Retro Bar Fridge Refrigerator
- #8.Danby DAR044A4BSLDD-6 Refrigerator
- #9.Walsh WSR31TS1 Compact Refrigerator
- #10.Danby DFF092C1BSLDB Refrigerator
- Final Verdict
Here are 10 Best Refrigerators under $500 Reviews of 2021
4.2 out of 5 181 global ratings
- Built-in freezer compartment for storing frozen items and cool items quicker
- Massive 4.6 cu feet capacity for storing beverages and grocery items
- Adjustable wire shelving to maximize space and organize
- Built-in can dispenser & storage of tall bottles
A revolution in refrigeration, that’s what the Frigidaire EFR492 Refrigerator is all about. It is an exceptional compact-sized refrigerator that works great whether you’re in a dorm room, bar area, or on a holiday when nobody minds a bit of extra space.
The Frigidaire EFR492 Refrigerator has a mammoth 4.6 Cu capacity along with several excellent features such as a freezer compartment (with a drip tray and an ice cube tray), soft-line door with a dairy rack, removable food shelves, food rack, etc.
- Cools items quicker
- Massive amount of space
- Tall bottle storage
- Less noisy
- Highly efficient to give you a comfortable filling process
- Adjustable suction which can be adjusted according to your preferences
- Functional nail machine to clean the dust produced during various nail processes
- Durable to give you the full value for your hard-earned money
- Easy to clean to give you a hassle-free cleaning
Whether you’re looking for some high-quality features or just want some extra food storage in your home or office, the Magic Chef MCBR440S2 Refrigerator has got both of them. It has interior lighting, a crisper drawer with a cover, two removable glass shelves, and whatnot.
The Magic Chef MCBR440S2 is super-easy to maintain, has a push-button defrost, and a beautiful flush-back design for both-hand opening. In short, it’s a fantastic addition to any compact space.
Shop around, and take a look at some of my other articles on this site about best outdoor refrigerators:
- Best Outdoor Kitchen Refrigerators Buying Guide
- What Extra Features Should I Look For In A Refrigerator?
- How Does A Refrigerator Work?
- What types of technical problems are common with refrigerators?
- What should I look for if I’m buying a used freezer?
- How does the European “four star” freezer system work?
- Choosing an Energy Efficient Refrigerator
- Best Mini Outdoor Fridge
- A Large amount of storage space
- Space Efficient
- Easy to maintain
- Both hand opening design
- Easy to install
Rating: 4.6/5 3414 global ratings
- Adjustable temperature ranges to easily set chilling preferences
- Adjustable legs & a Reversible Door that lets you open it from left or right
- Interior Light & Partial Automatic Defrost for hassle-free cleaning
- Separate Drawer for Fruits & Vegetables for easy organization
- 2L Bottle Rack
If you think that perfection is a myth then think again. The Midea WHD-113FSS1 Compact Refrigerator has got everything be it separate fridge and freezer sections, plenty of space, reversible door, etc. It operates with Energy Star Efficiency perfectly and is compatible with every kitchen layout that exists.
The Midea WHD-113FSS1 is extremely easy to organize, has a spacious & crispy drawer, and a beautiful storage rack for beer/soda cans.
And these are the reasons why this beauty is one of the best refrigerators under 500 dollars.
- Huge amount of space
- Can be placed in any kitchen
- Easy to organize
- Hassle-free cleaning
- Low noise
- Inconsistent temperature regulation
- 2 Door Configuration – Top Door for Freezer and bottom Door for Fridge
- Adjustable Thermostat and Compressor Cooling for ultimate performance even in hot weather
- Space Saving Flush Back Design. A crisper drawer is ideal for preserving greens. Reversible door accommodates right- or left-handed use
- Built-in Can Dispenser and Door Basket for 2 Liter Bottles
- 3.2 Cubic Foot Fridge and Freezer
RCA is known for ultra-high quality appliances and it is ready to astonish you again through this masterpiece. The 3.2 Cubic Foot 2 Door Fridge & Freezer is premium & elegant and enhances the look & feel of any space like no other.
The RCA 3.2 Cubic Foot 2 Door Fridge & Freezer has a high-tech compressor cooling system that keeps your food and drinks amazingly fresh and cold.
- Huge amount of space
- Quiet & CFC Free
- Ideal for any space
- Prone to dents
- ENERGY STAR qualified thereby uses less energy
- Large and seamless glass shelves to let you wipe away the messes easily
- 2-liter bottle door storage for storing 2-liter and other tall bottles easily in the door compartment
- Adjustable thermostat that ensures accurate storage temperatures at the turn of a dial
- Half-width freezer compartment to keep items extra cold
If you want to make this summer season the greatest of your life then you just can’t miss out on GE Hotpoint Energy Star Qualified Compact Refrigerator. It’s efficient, has large seamless glass shelves, and is unbelievably easy to clean.
The GE Hotpoint Compact Refrigerator can also store 2-liter bottles on the door thereby freeing plenty of shelf space.
- Easy to clean
- Uses less energy
- Stores 2 liter and other tall bottles easily
- Keeps items extra cold
If there’s one refrigerator that gives a new definition to refrigeration awesomeness and convenience, it’s Black + Decker BCRK25B Compact Refrigerator. The feature that makes it truly unique is that it can be placed just about anywhere, be it a floor, counter or a deck, thanks to its small footprint.
The Black + Decker BCRK25B Compact Refrigerator fits any food package or beverage perfectly and is also equipped with a specialized freezer section for your ready-to-eat frozen meal or delicious ice cream.
This baby couldn’t miss out on our list of best refrigerators under 500 dollars!
- Compact and Stylish
- Large Capacity
- No refrigerator light
- Compressor Cooled for Ultimate Cooling Performance
- Removable Glass Shelves for easy clean-up
- Adjustable Thermostat to keep white wine nice & chilled
- Safe for the environment as it’s CFC free
- Interior freezer compartment to keep food nice & fresh
- Dispense-a-can for all your beer and soda needs
Put your hands up for another beautiful and high-quality refrigerator under 500 dollars. The Frigidaire Retro Bar Fridge Refrigerator is a unique happy hour refrigerator with tons of features such as an attached bottle opener, a chrome pull handle, removable glass shelves, etc.
It’s an affordable refrigerator that keeps leftover food nice and fresh as it is equipped with an interior freezer compartment and also flaunts a cool dispense-a-can for all your beer and soda cravings.
- Unique dispense-a-can
- Easy to clean
- A bit noisy
- Some food may freeze if kept on high-setting
- Compact & ideal mini-fridge for additional refrigerator space in the kitchen, basement, family room, dorm or office
- A massive 4.4 Cubic Feet (124 Liters) Capacity
- Integrated Door Shelving for water, juice, or other drink bottles
- CanStor Beverage Dispensing System for efficient and tidy can storage
- Fits anywhere
- Versatile: Reversible door hinges, vegetable crisper, and a functional scratch-resistant worktop
A refrigerator that is well-built, super-easy to maintain, and convenient?
Are you serious you might ask!
Hell yes, we are!
The Danby DAR044A4BSLDD-6 Refrigerator is the perfect choice for any dormitory room, dens, wet bars, or basement lounge, a big thanks to its ultra-exceptional cooling capacity.
It has an integrated door shelving to store tall bottles easily and conveniently, not to forget some extra drinks and snacks when you just want the party to go on. The Danby DAR044A4BSLDD-6 Refrigerator also has a scratch-resistant worktop for storing accessories and an automatic defrost function.
- Convenient & Easy to Maintain
- Automatic defrosting system
- Good space
- No freezer compartment
- Less storage than a conventional refrigerator
- Adjustable Thermostat Control
- Crystal Crisper to keep food and vegetables fresh
- Leveling Front Legs to adjust feet and keep level placement anywhere
- Perfect to give your office a refreshing look
- Perfect for kitchen as it’s compact and stylish
- Takes minimal space so perfect for dormitory or any other area
Get ready to enrich your kitchen, rec room, or home office like never before with this dual door compact top freezer refrigerator. The Walsh WSR31TS1 Compact Refrigerator is an elegant stainless steel refrigerator that can keep snacks and beverages super chilled and fresh.
It has an adjustable thermostat, separate freezer compartment, bright interior lighting, and vegetable crisper to make your refrigeration life nice and easy.
- Stylish & Compact
- Huge Capacity
- Removable glass shelves
- Double reversible door
- Adjustable mechanical thermostat with true freezer
- Leveling front legs
- Sometimes the sides get too hot.
- An integrated handle for left-right hand opening
- Spotless steel door finish identical to real stainless steel
- Frost-free operation for hassle-free maintenance
- A State-of-the-art frost-free operating system for improved food preservation
- Energy Star Designated for much less electricity bills
- Bright interior LED light for heat-free illumination
A refrigerator that ends all your refrigeration worries once and for all. The Danby DFF092C1BSLDB Refrigerator is a deluxe bottom-mount apartment refrigerator that has plenty of world-class features to ignore.
Some of them are a clear vegetable crisper with a glass cover, two adjustable glass shelves, a convenient CanStor beverage dispenser, an adjustable wire freezer shelf, and way too many more to list here.
- Huge variety of features
- Both left-right hand opening
- Easy maintenance
- Improved food preservation
So that’s it, folks!
Our list of the best refrigerators under 500 dollars!
Although each model has been carefully handpicked to meet your needs and budget, only you can decide the perfect one for yourself keeping every factor in mind.
So which one are you picking and how you are going to make your summer truly unforgettable?
Drop your comments below!
Also, don’t forget to check out the best outdoor gas griddles to give an ultra-energetic start to your day.
Put your questions or suggestions in the comments below, so we can all benefit from each other’s knowledge.
Thanks for reading.